Saturday, April 20, 2013

Perfume Samples

Have you ever been spritzed in a department store, fallen "in love" with the scent, paid the astronomically high price for the tiny 1.7 oz bottle - only to get it home and find out that it doesn't smell the same? Well, without making it too technical: it's because our bodies react to the scents differently, depending on what's going on with us. The absolute best way to try out a scent, is to be able to wear it for several days. If you still love it - then it's worth getting! I've pretty much worn the same scent for the last 15 years. But recently I've been tempted to try something new. In an effort to find a perfect-new scent, I've developed a fool-proof system!


I'm tearing out all the perfume inserts from the magazines that I get (hoping to get some duplicates) and storing them in my bathroom. Each week I'm going to try out a single scent for the entire week. I can then write on the paper what I thought of it - and even rank them in order of favorite to least favorite. Then I'll take my top three to the department store and find out if I can get samples of each of them! Most stores have the tiny little bottles that they give out. Then I can try it in spray form. This way, I'll know for absolute certain that the scent I'm buying is really something I love and will wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment